For many IATSE employers, stagehand payroll is one of the most tedious and troublesome aspects of their operations.
We have created CurtainTime, a flexible software framework that will save you time, money, and frustration.
CurtainTime streamlines every aspect of your IATSE payroll.
- Estimate stagehand labor costs for clients or internal budgets.
- Send labor requests to your local.
- Track employee time and apply CBA premiums/penalties.
- Easily settle labor costs with clients and resident companies.
- Export time and pay details for payroll.
- Prepare union benefit reports (e.g. Health & Welfare, Retirement/Pension/401K, Training Trust, Dues).
- Generate cumulative reports for annual budget preparation.
Save the heavy lifting.
CurtainTime saves you countless hours of data entry and mind-bending math. No more:
- Manually entering and adjusting time sheets one by one.
- Re-entering the same information into disconnected systems.
- Performing complex pay rate calculations (OT, Minimum Call, Meal Penalties, etc.) to comply with your union's CBA.
- Allocating costs across productions and/or accounting codes for settlement and internal accounting.
- Correcting time sheet and payroll errors.
Stop chasing your data.
With CurtainTime, enter information once and it's available to whomever needs it, whenever they need it. Stop wasting time:
- Wrangling spreadsheets or other files.
- Searching for historical information to inform client estimates and budgets.
- Looking up employee historical time and pay information from multiple sources.
- Digging through piles of spreadsheets or other files to develop annual budgets.
Create a more effective production team.
With a high percentage of Performing Arts Centers reporting plans to hire additional production or operations staff in the next year, increasing efficiency is more important than ever. CurtainTime can help you:
- Postpone or avoid hiring additional staff by helping your existing team work more efficiently.
- Prevent your staff from needing to jump through hoops to get stagehand payroll processed accurately and on time.
- Save your production team's energy and focus for more important work.
- Delegate certain tasks to less experienced staff, and save your more senior staff for higher level work.
Provide better service for your clients and resident companies.
Your clients often have a choice of venue. Help them choose yours by making things easy for them.
- Provide clients with quicker, more accurate estimates, both in advance of the show, or on the fly, as unexpected needs arise during production.
- Help your clients make better scheduling decisions to avoid paying premium and penalty labor rates.
- Settle shows more promptly and get paid faster.
- Give your clients better information about the stagehand labor portion of their invoice/settlement.
Support a great relationship with your union stagehands and your local.
Your relationships with your union and your stagehand employees are important. With CurtainTime, you can:
- Comply with your IATSE CBA(s) a fraction of the effort.
- Avoid unnecessary payroll questions and/or disputes from your union employees.
- Provide your union employees with detailed time and pay reports.
- Simplify information reporting to your union local.
- Have cumulative historical information immediately available when negotiating your CBA.
Contact us to schedule a live demo.
Photo credit © Jorge Royan / http://www.royan.com.ar, via Wikimedia Commons